While you may save money by trimming your own trees, consider that it is time-consuming and laborious. Tree trimming is also very dangerous. The cost of professional trimming takes into account safety measures and the skill necessary to perform tree pruning. Along with the time, effort, and danger that goes into tree trimming, don’t forget to consider the skill and knowledge necessary for beautifully shaped yet healthy trees.
Tree Trimming Sacramento Cost
Tree trimming costs depending on several factors, including the size and type of tree. Larger trees have more branches and take much longer to prune and trim than smaller trees, thus the cost will be higher. Tree trimming is usually broken down by the height of the tree:
- 30 feet and shorter: Trees up to 30 feet tall, such as dogwoods, cost anywhere from $75 to $450.
- 30-60 feet: Trees between 30 and 60 feet, such as crab apple trees, usually cost between $150 and $875.
- 60+ feet: Very tall trees like pine and red oak trees may cost anywhere from $200 to $1,000 for professional trimming.
There may be additional costs for professional tree trimming to consider. Emergency tree trimming will have a higher cost. Other factors that may affect the cost of professional tree trimming may include:
- Tree health
- Accessibility of the tree
- Amount of time since last pruning
- Tree’s location